Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Arizona Music Pro store hours?
- We are open 6 days a week, Monday - Saturday 10AM to 6PM. We are also available on Sundays by appointment only.
Where are you located?
- We are conveniently located at 122 East Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86001, in the heart of downtown Flagstaff right on Route 66.
Are you closed on holidays?
- We are closed on the following Federal Holidays: New Year’s Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving. We also may close early on select days such as Christmas and New Year’s Eve, 4th of July, Memorial Day, etc.
Can I special order an instrument?
- Yes, we are an authorized dealer for several of the best brands in the industry. From Fender to Martin we can help you customize and special order just about any instrument. Talk to one of our specialists to begin building your dream instrument!
Do you purchase used and previously owned instruments?
- Yes, we offer store credit and cash for your used and unneeded instruments.
Do you sell Gift Cards?
- Yes. Gift Cards can be purchased in our store for virtually any amount and do not expire.
Can I get a refund on my purchase?
- We do offer refunds in the form of a gift card or exchange only. Once an item is purchased and taken home, it cannot be refunded for cash.
Do your new instruments come with any warranty?
- Yes. Nearly all of our instruments come with some form of warranty against manufacturer defects. Do inquire about the specific instrument you are interested in to lean more about its exact warranty.
Do your used instruments come with any warranty or guarantee?
- Yes. While all of our instruments are inspected before hitting our floor, we also guarantee our used instruments and gear for 30 days after the date of purchase.
Do you offer layaway?
- Yes. We have an extremely friendly layaway program that allows you to hold and pay down the balance of an instrument you’d like to purchase...further info? 30% down - 60 Days
Do you offer financing?
- Yes. We do offer financing through Synchrony Bank upon approved credit. Inquire in store to begin your application.
Are you hiring?
- We are ALWAYS looking for qualified individuals who have experience in retail and customer service while having some sort of musical background. Visit https://azmusicpro.com/employment/ for complete details on current positions and to complete an application.
Is all of your inventory on the website?
- No, as a full-scale music store, we have thousands of items that don’t make it on to our website. You may call 928-556-9054 to see about particular items or visit our store location to see our complete inventory of musical instruments and accessories.
Do you ship internationally?
- Unfortunately we are currently unable to ship internationally.
What about shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands?
- Currently we can only offer shipping to the lower 48 states.
Can you ship to my PO Box, APO or FPO address?
- No, all online orders must be shipped to a physical address.
How long will it take to ship out my order?
- Most orders ship out within 24-48 hours via FedEx or similar shipper.
LESSONS ACADEMY FAQS
What are the Lessons Academy hours?
- The Arizona Music Pro Lessons Academy & retail store hours are as follows:
- Monday thru Thursday: 10:00am – 7:00pm
- Friday & Saturday: 10:00pm – 6:00pm
How much are Lessons Academy Lessons and how are they billed?
- Our Lessons Academy offers several options for lessons. Our most popular option that also offers the most savings is purchasing lessons in bulk, or pre-paid:
- For students on Automatic Billing (Auto-Bill) or Pre-paid, private lessons are purchased in advance of the month for weekly lessons as follows:
- $25.00 for 30 minute lessons
- $38.00 for 45-minute lessons
- $45.00 for 60-minute lessons
- Single Lessons are as follows:
- $30.00 for a 30 minute lesson
- $43.00 for a 45 minute lesson
- $50.00 for a 60 minute lesson
- Please note: Single lessons must be paid in full no later than 48 hours prior to the lesson to guarantee the studio/instructor. Single lessons cannot be assured days, times or studios. There are no reschedules for single lessons.
How does Automatic Billing work?
- Our ‘Auto-Bill’ Program offers students the option to reserve an instructor and weekly time slot on a long-term basis. The Auto-Bill program reduces the amount of administration costs incurred for continuous scheduling and account management. It also provides care-free payments for the student. Auto-Bill requires that a credit card is kept securely on file and is charged on or around the 1st of each month.
What should I do if I need to cancel a lesson?
- Students signed up for the Auto-Bill Program may cancel one lesson in a monthly billing cycle. Students that provide cancellation notice at least 24 hours before the lesson will receive credit for the missed lesson. Credits will be applied to the following month’s tuition.
- For schedule cancellations, please email [email protected] or call us at 928-556-9054.
What do I do if the student is sick?
- Students signed up for the Auto-Bill Program are provided 2 sick day each quarter. If a student becomes ill or injured and cannot provide a 24 hour cancellation notice, a sick day may be used and a student will receive credit for the lesson. Sick days are credited to the next billing cycle and may not be carried over to the following quarter.
What is the Quarterly scheduling calendar?
- Quarter terms are as follows:
- September – November
- December – February
- March – May
- June - August
If I am paying for single lessons do I get any sick days?
- No, unfortunately sick days are only reserved for those enrolled in the Auto-Bill program.
What if I forget, or don’t show up to a scheduled lesson?
- If a lesson is missed without a 24 hour notice, the student will forfeit the tuition for the missed lesson. A student may not utilize a sick day if notification is not provided.
What if I need to reschedule or cancel, but it is off store hours?
- There are two options for after-hours cancellations:
- Preferred Method is Email: [email protected]
- Voice Mail Messaging - 928-556-9054 Please leave a voicemail on The Arizona Music Pro general voicemail box.
Please include the following information:
Student first and last name
Parent/guardian first and last name (if applicable)
The instructor’s name
The date and time of lesson to be missed.
Contact information (if different than student records on file)
I want to terminate my lessons, what do I do?
- Written notification is required to discontinue or suspend lessons. Refunds cannot be given for unused lessons.
I can’t reach my instructor, what do I do?
- If your teacher is not available to personally take your call or visit, please email [email protected] or you may speak with any retail store staff member who will convey your message to the education staff.
What happens if my instructor cancels?
- Our teaching staff are professional working musicians who may sometimes travel for performances, tours or workshops. In addition, instructors may also elect to take a vacation or may become ill or injured. If your instructor is unable to teach a lesson, we will contact you to reschedule the lesson or find a substitute teacher.
What happens if I am tardy for my lesson?
- Our studios are often booked back-to-back during peak times and students arriving late for lessons may not be able to stay late to make up the missed time. Unless a student has contacted the store to let the instructor know they are in route, instructors are not required to wait 15 minutes past the scheduled starting time of a lesson and may leave.
My child has never taken a lesson, how many should I get?
- New students are encouraged to begin with a trial lesson to ensure that student and instructor are ideally paired. These evaluation lessons are priced at the single lesson rate.
How much are One-on-One Private Lessons?
- One 30-minute private lesson costs $25.00. Teacher dependent*
Can I just go through the instructor for billing and scheduling?
- To avoid confusion with billing and availability, we ask that all communication regarding scheduling be made through The Arizona Music Pro Lessons Academy Department and not between student and instructor.
Please contact anyone on the education team with any requests or changes at [email protected] or by phone at (928)-556-9054.
How long can I rent an instrument?
- Rental instruments are billed on a month to month basis for as long as you need the instrument. All rents paid may be used toward the purchase of a brand new instrument! *Excludes bells & drums*.
Are there any long-term commitments to renting?
- Nope! Because we offer month-to-month rentals, you are under no commitment beyond the current month’s rental fee.
My rental instrument is not playing properly, what should I do?
- Bring it into our store. We have an on-site repair department for quick & easy repairs and exchanges of instruments.
What instruments can I rent?
- We offer any different instrument options! Currently we offer alto and tenor sax, flute, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, french horn, drums, violin, viola, bass, cello and guitars.
How much does it cost to rent an instrument?
- Pricing varies from $19.99/mo to $69.99/mo depending on the instrument and whether you prefer a new instrument or a used instrument for your rental.
How do I know my instrument is in good hands?
- Arizona Music Pro is a Certified Authorized Repair center for many of the biggest names in the music industry including Martin, Fender, Taylor, Gretsch, Jackson, Ampeg and more.
- Our luthiers and repair techs have decades of combined experience to ensure that no matter how valuable the instrument, you won’t ever need to fret.
Does Arizona Music Pro guarantee repair work?
- Yes. We guarantee the work that our repair team does for 30 days. If you aren’t happy with the work, let us know and we’ll make it right.
Can I purchase upgrades and have Arizona Music Pro install them?
- Yes. We offer many upgrades for your instruments and are happy to install anything purchased from our shop or brought in for a small fee.
How much will it cost to fix “X” repair?
- Repair work comes in all forms from electronics work to broken necks. While we provide approximate estimates here - Every case is different so its best to start your repair today by filling out this form.
How long will it take to repair my instrument?
- Repair times vary depending on many factors. We may need to special order a part, or it may take extra time for your specific repair. While we know that speed matters, we take the time to ensure that your repair is done right. Your tech can let you know about how long it will take them for your specific repair.
Can you install strings?
- Yes. From string changes to complex amplifier electronic maintenance no job is too big or too small.
My guitar is buzzing, what do I do?
- Buzzing guitars occur for a number of reasons from a poor set-up to drastically changing humidity levels. While there are many resources online that address this issue, we recommend scheduling a set-up for you instrument.